At Continental Title Company, your safety is important to us. To keep your personal information and email safe from cyber criminals, you can protect your Google account with two-step verification.
Two-step verification means that every time you enter your password, you’ll also be prompted to enter a six digit code sent to your phone. In just a few simple steps, you can protect your data and keep your information secure. Here’s how:
- The first step is simple! Log into your Google account. You’ll want to be logged in on your laptop and on another device, like your phone. Underneath your icon and name should be a button to “Manage Your Account.” That’s where we want to be!
- On the left, look for the link for “Security.” Click on that.
- Underneath the tab “Signing into Google,” there should be an option to enable two-step verification. Turn that switch from off to on.
- Click “Get Started.” You’ll be asked to enter your password, so have it handy! After that, devices connected to your Google account will be listed. Choose your phone or the device that you’ll verify your account on.
- Click “Yes” on the Google prompt that will pop up on your phone. If this doesn’t work, you can manually enter your phone number and then type in the provided six-digit code.
- Hit the “Turn On” button. You’re all set!
You just made your information that much more secure! A couple bonus safety tips to keep in mind: always log out after using your personal accounts on public computers, do your best to use a password generator, and be wary of spam mail. Contact your local Continental Title Company office to learn more password protection tips to stay safe from wire fraud.